- 4 of us got together last Friday and had a great discussion, ranging from unemployment questions and job search strategies to daycare and school concerns and general networking.
- It was decided we should look to meet once a week, and keeping it consistent will help with planning.
- Since Friday's tend to be slower with job search responses, we propose the same day/time: Friday's @ 1pm
- We also decided to mix up the location a bit, since folks are from Lake Forest to Magnolia. (and, per below, Annemarie has already found our next spot.)
- Some of us had job leads that we determined to exchange.
- It was commented that projects, big or little, help us put our brains to good use and can be somewhat therapeutic.
- There was also a motion to possibly change the name of the group to the Stuart Smalley Society: "We're good enough, We're smart enough, and Doggone-it, people like us."
MICROSOFT INFO: http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/news/microsoft_hiring_despite_5000_job_cuts_106739.asp
FAVORITE AD I'VE STUMBLED ACROSS LATELY:
QUOTE OF THE WEEK (COURTESY OF "BARNYARD: THE ORIGINAL PARTY ANIMALS" MOVIE THAT I WATCHED WITH MY KIDS THIS WEEKEND):
"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."